
Anyway, afterwards, we decided to try and get tickets for Corp, which was on that night. We walked to a bunch of different bars and places that said they were selling tickets, and then found that everywhere was sold out. After a bit of deliberation, it was decided that we'd get there at 9pm - an hour before it opened - to make sure that we'd actually get in this time. After a brief pregame at our place, where we indulged in cider and wine, we grabbed our stuff and headed over to the taxis. I got a text message from Lauri around this time, asking if I was going to Corp, and when I replied yes, and said that we were heading over then and would he like to join us, he told me that he already had a ticket and would meet us there. I wish I'd been clever enough to think of buying a ticket before the day of.
So we get to the club at about ten past 9, and success! There were only about fifteen people in line before us, which essentially meant that we were definitely going to get in. Shannon had had the bright idea of filling a Sprite bottle with wine, so even though it was totally foul, we never lost our buzz. Patrick even found the pub around the corner, so there wasn't any need for that kind of adventure! We got in after waiting for a little bit more than an hour, and were in the first group of people allowed into the club. Even in the excitement of actually getting in there, we noticed that the floor was already sticky. I didn't really want to know how... general consensus is that the people at Corp don't really clean the floors properly because it's just going to get sticky again.
So we get to the club at about ten past 9, and success! There were only about fifteen people in line before us, which essentially meant that we were definitely going to get in. Shannon had had the bright idea of filling a Sprite bottle with wine, so even though it was totally foul, we never lost our buzz. Patrick even found the pub around the corner, so there wasn't any need for that kind of adventure! We got in after waiting for a little bit more than an hour, and were in the first group of people allowed into the club. Even in the excitement of actually getting in there, we noticed that the floor was already sticky. I didn't really want to know how... general consensus is that the people at Corp don't really clean the floors properly because it's just going to get sticky again.

We went up to the bar on the top floor, and tried to figure out what to order. Everything was served in plastic pint glasses, which is good because if you drop them they won't hurt you. We started off with these things called Blue Pints... I'm still not entirely sure what was in them, but they tasted like sugar, so I was happy. We eventually made our way down to one of the dancefloors, where they were playing stuff like the Arctic Monkeys and Bloc Party, which was fun to dance to. We eventually moved down to the main dancefloor, where they were clearly big fans of the smoke machine, and they were playing everything from Black Eyed Peas to Katy Perry to Robbie Williams, and it was so much fun! Except for when I found out that there's no Robbie Williams in Virginia, which made me sad. I can't imagine life without Let Me Entertain You.
It was while we were on the dancefloor that we started buying quad vods. Don't worry, you read that right. One of the reasons that Corp is so popular - other than because it's kind of fun to dress up in a school uniform - is this particular drink. It's four shots of vodka with a mixture in one of those plastic cups. They're actually cheaper than getting a triple, and I'm a little bit hazy on the legality of them. Sometimes they serve them in two cups, sometimes not. And I think that the vodka's not as strong as normal vodka. But it's still got the world's best novelty value! I can't exactly remember how many I had, but it was enough to keep me dancing for the rest of the night.

The club got a progressively more filthy as the night went on - by the end of it, there were occasional drops of water falling from the ceiling. I don't know how they got there, but it gets hot in Corp and I know the basics of condensation... and I'd rather not think of it too much past that. There were drunk people everywhere, most people's white shirts had stains of some description on them, Adam and Charlie ended up being featured on CorpTV (because there's a guy who walks around with a camera and a mic, and uploads the footage on to Youtube), and I got a bunch of good photos. I caught a taxi home with Patrick, Joey, Massi and Elizabeth at about 2.30am (or maybe a little later), and crawled into bed filthy but buzzed after what had turned out to be an awesome night.
No comments:
Post a Comment