Valentine's Day is a much bigger thing in the UK than it is back in Australia. Being up their with my least favourite holidays (picking the feast day of a saint to show how much you love your partner? Hint: anniversaries are much more important!), we decided to have a dinner for some of our friends at our flat. Fiona and I made chilli con carne, which worked out really well! We had Shannon and Elizabeth from our flat, then Patrick, Joey, VT Elizabeth, Astrid and Karsten over, and it was just really fun.
After dinner, we decided to play a couple of drinking games. We started with Kings, which got entertaining really quickly because some people were forgetting the rules. Astrid picked up that a lot of the rules were based on rhyming (such as 3: me, 6: chicks, etc) which meant that when she drew a 9, she yelled "Wine!"... it actually kind of worked for her that time, because she was drinking wine. It was only in the next round, when she drew an 8 and yelled out "Gate!" that it became funny. We told her that Adventure Time might come later, but there weren't any gates around Lawrencefield, so it might be a bit of a challenge.
At about 9pm, a bunch more people arrived, and it was actually really fun. We did a bit of socialising, played a couple more games and drank a lot more cider, until about 11 when most of the people were leaving to go to one of the Union parties called Population, including Patrick, Shannon and Karsten, who hadn't originally planned on going. Karsten said he had a "good feeling" about the night, and as he ended up hooking up, I think he was right. I stayed behind with Joey, Astrid, Elizabeth from my flat and one or two other people, and we played games until just after midnight. All in all, it was pretty solid!
Tuesday, I decided to stay in and have a quiet one. I knew we were planning on trying to get into Corp again on Wednesday night, so I just hung out and actually did some Uni work. Who would have thought I was here to study?
No comments:
Post a Comment