On the Wednesday night, Patrick decided that he wanted to show Courtney and Hillary the wonders of Corp. We tried to rally the troops, but it ended up being a really busy night. There was also a concert on (playing was Does It Offend You, Yeah?, and I'm still a little bit gutted that I missed it) as well as La Fiesta put on a karaoke night, so we thought we'd only have about seven people coming to Corp. But then, we found out that Jeremy would meet us there, and as we were walking out, we also managed to convince Massi to come with us - and he got into his school uniform really quickly!
We got to Corp at around 9.10 to queue up, because we didn't have tickets. It was alright though, because we'd come prepared with a bottle of cider, so the wait wasn't too bad. We got in really easily again, and things escalated. I won't go into detail, but a lot of people hooked up (you know who you are!) and I think we well and truly introduced all the guests to a bit of Sheffield culture.
The Thursday night I just chilled a bit, because the day after Corp is always a bit of a slow one. Friday though, Massi's sister Emma had arrived for the weekend from Holland. Ellie cooked us a Chinese dinner in my flat, and we decided that we wanted to show Emma a good time in Sheffield and try out Propaganda ("The UK's biggest indie night!"), which we'd been wanting to try out for a while. Patrick's girls were still around, as well as Katina, but unfortunately Elizabeth and Annamarie had gone to London. We did manage to talk Fiona into coming with us though, even though she had to catch the train hella early to London the next morning. Classic case of FOMO.
We had the pregame at G4, which most of us hadn't been to before. Those of us from E Block had a severe case of kitchen envy, because they have two ovens - two! - as well as a proper dining table, which is way more than we have. The room soon filled up, and as we drank some cheap cider we soon got into the party spirit. Patrick, Courtney and Hillary got back from Liverpool quite late and Patrick did some power drinking in order to pregame sufficiently - which was fun to watch - and all of us headed off around a quarter past eleven that night.
Propaganda ended up being a really fun night - "Indie" might not be the best descriptor for the night, but they did play The Pixies, The Smiths, Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys, Mumford & Sons and a bunch of other bands not often heard in the club circuit, which was a nice change. I did a lot of dancing and had so much fun! We had a fairly big group of people there too, which always makes for a good night. Propaganda is held at the O2 Academy every week, which is a massive venue. When we got there it was mostly empty, but by the end it was packed, and I'm still not sure how many people it can hold! Well worth it though, I think it's one of my favourite nights out in Sheffield. We got home at about 3am, and Fiona made her train, and Courtney, Hillary and Katina all managed to get on their flights back home. Success!

Saturday night, I had dinner in E1 with Massi, Emma, Akash and Felix, and Massi made us amazing pasta and garlic bread, with perry for the drink (!!!) and pannetone for dessert. It was fantastic. After that, Karsten and I headed over to Stephenson to plan for our Sunday adventure. Because both Patrick's and Elizabeth's guests had gone, and a lot of people seemed to have fled Sheffield for the weekend, we'd decided to go somewhere exciting. After a lot of deliberation, we (being mostly Elizabeth and myself) settled on Chatsworth so we could pretend that we were living in Pride and Prejudice... but more on that another time. When we'd decided that, Joey and I headed up to the Select & Save to buy drinks for that nights shenanigans, which was another party in G4. We settled on a bottle of whisky and some Coke, and settled in for a big night.
So it turns out that playing Flipcup while also drinking whisky and Coke is maybe not the best idea. I ended up going for a walk with Patrick at one point, and then Joey and I kind of turned into hot messes and wound up sitting on the stairs in G Block talking for hours. I can't even really remember what we were talking about. At about 2.30 or 3am, I decided to walk Joey home (because I thought I was a lot more sober than him... which was most likely very not true) then we stayed at Stephenson for ages talking, then I decided to wander home just before 4. When I got back to Lawrencefield, I ran into Freddie and Teemu, who were just chilling on one of the benches outside. I chatted to them for a while, and I think we were all pretty past it by that point!! I eventually crawled into bed just after 4.30. When I woke up the next day, I thought I was dying... but that didn't stop me from getting ready for our Chatsworth adventure!!
No comments:
Post a Comment